In order to make a successful transition into our residential care home, it involves preparation, open communication and support from the new resident’s family and friends. 4 Seasons Senior Living will help make the transition of moving in as easy as possible.
We will help with care coordination, medication set up and develop a customized care plan to best care for your loved one. Always stay in touch with our Residential Care Home Manager before, during and after the move. Depending on what type of place your loved one is moving from, you may have to make the difficult decision of what items are going and what must be left behind. Make sure keepsakes, within reason, go with them. Determine what they really love because that is what carries memories and will make them smile. Be sure to take special framed artwork and photos as well as photo albums.
Before the resident moves in, our RN will complete a nursing assessment on your loved one to ensure that he or she will be a nice fit. Once this is done, you will need to make an appointment to come to our office. At your appointment, we will complete all required paperwork.
Our residential care homes are an extension of your home, too! Please feel free to visit whenever you like, as often as you like! Extended friends and family are always welcome!
Please bring with you the following:
- Current medication and allergy list
- Copies of insurance
- Copy of your Medicare card
- Copy of Medical Power of Attorney, if applicable
- Copy of Living Will, if applicable
- Copy of DNR, if applicable
- Contact information for doctors, home health, hospice, etc.
- Dietary restrictions, if any
Our bedrooms are not furnished (although we do have some furniture pieces you are welcome to borrow), so here are some of the items you will need to bring to the Residential Care Home:
- Bed (may be provided by home health or hospice company)
- At least 2 bed sheet sets with pillows and an extra blanket
- Personal hygiene items (shampoo, toothpaste, incontinent supplies, etc)
- Small bedside table
- Pictures, trinkets, other favorite personal items